Top Ten for 2012: and a few other interesting facts

Rivera Douthit

Are you curious?  Are you as fascinated as I am by statistics?  Well if so, I’ll let you in on a few number secrets.

Every visit is a person, and every person is important to God…and to me!  YES…EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON!

And, I want you to know you contribute to spreading the message of Jesus–or His design for marriage, or dating, or parenting, or whatever the message may be on a given day–every time you “share” these posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or with friends.  For that, I want to shout out a HUGE THANK YOU!!!  You rock:)

Drum roll please!

This website had over 19,000 views this year.  I know that’s not a lot compared to some who post everyday, but I thought it was fascinating.

Another one I find interesting…

81 countries visited this blog this year.  30 of those countries visited regularly.  Most visitors came from the United States (of course), following close behind were Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom.  India was fifth.  It’s intriguing to think the world is really a small place, and God’s got the whole world in His hands!

And here are the top ten most visited posts this year.

1.  Random Things About Marriage I Learned the Hard Way

Thanks to Sheila Gregoire at www.tolovehonorandvacuum.com, author of The Good Girl’s Guide to Great Sex.  She posted this article on her blog AND on her Pinterest page.  It’s by far my most visited post to date!  THANK YOU Sheila!

2.  Do We Need “50 Shades of Grey” Or Just Black And White?

3.  A Few Good Things Teen Girls Might Want To Know

4. 50 Shades of Grey: Now What!

5.  Girls And Their Girls: too much of a good thing

6.  When Friends Leave

7.  About Rivera

8.  Under The Cleavage

9.  Recipe For A Smokin’ Hot Marriage

10.  Birthdays and Giveaways

Renee Swope at Proverbs 31 Ministries and author of A Confident Heart posted this one to her Facebook page.  It was a great 40th Birthday present.  THANK YOU Renee!

*If you haven’t already, I would love to have you join this community of readers by taking less than a minute to “subscribe.”  Your information will never be shared.  You will simply receive new posts each week via email.  Thank you:)

Happy New Year all.  May God Bless you abundantly in 2013, and may you trust Jesus even more and cling to Him–no matter what comes your way!

Grace and Blessings,

Rivera

12 thoughts on “Top Ten for 2012: and a few other interesting facts

1. Audrey says:

Just wanted to say thank you for your love and friendship Rivera!!!… I am encouraged and motivated by your words and writing(s), and I just can’t wait to see all He has planned for your writing(s) and much more in this new year!!! Happy 2013 beautiful friend. Love you

Thank you Audrey! Your friendship is truly a blessing! Can’t wait to see all the ways God’s going to reveal His glory and leave us all in awe of Him in the coming year! Blessings in 2013!!! LOVE you!

2. emilydumaurier says:

Of course Shades of Grey is up there! What a controversial subject, that is also the first time I visited your blog – it was a welcome discovery – a breath of fresh (blog) air!! Happy New Year Rivera and family … I have closed my former blog, and will now be posting at a new location with an alias 🙂 Sad (sort of) but necessary for reasons disclosed at my new location. (from tina) 🙂 but now you can call me, emily 🙂

If you ever doubted the vision God gave you, these stats should put those doubts to rest…you’re touching hearts WORLDwide! AWEsome!! Much love and many more blessings this year!

Everyone needs an encourager..or two..or three. YOU encourage me always. You share every single post. AND you were my top commenter for 2012;) Thank YOU, Pamela! I treasure you friend!

4. lauriewhin says:

I’m not such a huge follower of stats. But you give us great insight and conviction to “walk worthy of our calling.” If even one person finds the eyes of their heart opened by your message, then you are a huge success. I pray that He continues to bless you with wisdom, and guide you in your writing, so that many hearts will be opened. Happy New Year!